Sunday, May 18, 2008

A New Phase of Life

Well, this month is a month of many firsts for me.  I am blogging.  This is a first.  My baby is graduating from high school.  This is a first.  My oldest child graduated from college, and is moving to Portland, OR to start a new life with his beautiful fiance (soon to be wife).  This is a first.  My husband resigned from his job of 21 years and is starting a new career.  This is a first.  I have left my job of eight years.  This is a first.  I am choosing to look at all of these things as a "first" rather then a "last".  This is a first for me.  It is my nature to look at life realistically (some would call this "negatively".)  However, as a believer in Christ I am trying to view things through God's eyes and recognize that life is a journey full of changes that help me to grow more to be like Christ.  Something that my pastor said this morning really struck a cord with me.  It was something like, if you knew you couldn't fail what would you do?  Well, as a believer I have the supernatural power of Christ living in me.  Therefore, there really isn't any failure!  If I believe God is directing my path in life, I can't fail.  So, all these "firsts" in life are God-driven.  I need to accept that, even though it is difficult to see my precious children leave the nest.  It's scary to "start over" in a new career path and not know where your are going and what you are going to be doing.  I am sure I will be doing my share of crying, but part of me is excited about what God has for me in the future.  Being safe in the hands of God, there is no fear of failure in a new adventure;  only the excitement of a new road on the journey of life.  

2 comments:

Josh said...

Hooray, blog! Love the blog.

Em said...

So I hear, that you won't be lonely and if you are it's at least a happy/sad lonely feeling because you know your kids are doing what they love...
We'll miss you!