Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This and That

I can not believe I have not posted since July. Time really does fly by the older you get. Much has happened since the last post. I am now living in Loganville, GA. My flip house in Lexington, SC is up for sale. I shed a few tears when we said goodbye. It's a great little house if any one is interested. My new life is filled with ...can you guess? Yep! Still fixing up a house. It seems to never end. While we did purchase a foreclosure when we looked at it, it seemed to be in good shape. Unfortunately, you find all kinds of things once you move in. We have done so much work, I can't even remember but here are a few highlights: I ripped out an ugly gold shower door by myself; I felt very empowered! Painted the garage floor, wall, and trim. Replaced all the fans. Changed out the faucet on the whirlpool tub. Unpacked an unbelievable amount of books and magazines. Finally had all our stuff delivered but still working on getting it unpacked. Patched and repaired several walls. Took out a vanity and toilet in the half bath. Replaced a few door handles. And today, last but not least, painted most of the shutters on the front of the house. This is just the beginning! Phew! I'm exhausted just listing what we have done so far.

The last few months we have traveled back and forth to Columbia, had Emily come home twice, and went to Mississippi to visit Em during homecoming weekend; I might add that Em was in the homecoming court and beautiful as ever:> I am also working one day a week at Gwinnett Christian Academy. I am helping out the computer teacher with the elementary school classes. it has been a lot of fun working with young ones again. I haven't done that in a very long time but they are as cute and lovable as ever and I am enjoying it very much. The holidays are fast approaching and I hope to be able to be unpacked enough to enjoy them. Hard to believe it is almost time to get out all the Christmas stuff. That's a quick update. I hope to post something pretty interesting about my Grandmother and her family in the near future so stay tuned!




1 comment:

Em said...

Yeah! You're back blogging!