Sunday, March 4, 2012

Villa Rica

ottoman


amazing settee!
I have a few new addictions to confess:  ottomans, settees, craigslist, and pinterest.  I search craigslist for free stuff, ottomans, and settees.  I recently purchased an ottoman and settee from craigslist.  The ottoman was from a store in Villa Rica.  So my longsuffering husband drove me an hour away last Saturday to the small town of Villa Rica where we spent a lovely morning perusing the antique shops there.  I picked up my great deal ottoman and Mike purchased a set of hardback Winnie the Pooh books that were published the year he was born (my husband is very sentimental and also suffers a few addictions of his own, one of which is that he can never resist buying a book)  I love my ottoman and am trying to decide what fabric to reupholster it in.  Yesterday, I purchased my first antique settee from craigslist.  While I like it alot, it will need a lot of work.  I am a bit concerned because it needs its coils replaced.  Mike has assured me that he thinks he can handle that part) We will see.  I was also supposed to purchase another one that was finished and had beautiful lines.  Unfortunately, the person sold it yesterday afternoon to someone else before I had a chance to go get it.  I am soooooo disappointed, but realize that part of the fun is the hunt, so the hunt will continue (fun for me but not so great on the pocketbook!)  I think I will have to stop looking for ottomans, although I love the old giant round ones, so you never know!
While in Villa Rica we stopped at a store that left me speechless.  It was so crammed full of stuff that I deemed it the "hoarding store".  It had anything you could possibly imagine.  Unfortunately it appeared to be going out of business.  Because I found it so fascinating I had to take some pictures so here they are:
Inside (just one aisle ahhhhh!!!!!!) 
Outside, it said, "If we don't have it, you don't need it!"

2 comments:

MBeates said...

this is fantastic!! Unfortunately part of your blog was covered up by the photo of the settee. Can't wait to see the finished product!! Don't you just love pinterest? I'm thinking its a good thing it didn't exist when we were younger with young kids...it is so distracting, haha...

Debbie Schreck said...

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I tried to fix it. I have spent waaaay to many hours on pinterest and I'm afraid it feeds my other addictions, as I find so many ideas! Thanks for reading; it's nice to know someone is out there looking at it!