Friday, June 10, 2011

Curtain Call

It has taken me a long time to finally have a curtain up at every window.  I had only a few leftover from my other house that would work here, so it has been difficult to find things on basically no budget at all.  My last ones were the kitchen and dining room.  I didn't really know what I wanted to do, as I am not into the frilly, ruffly curtain style.  I didn't really want to cover up the windows to much because I have wonderful sunshine flooding through them each day.  So, one day while at the library, I found a book that had a simple, easy curtain design that I wanted to try out.  The book can be found here:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Sew+simple+squares&x=0&y=0.  It's called, "Sew Simple Squares".  You can get it used at amazon for 1 penny plus shipping, or for free at the library:>  I found some wonderful, handy dandy, cheap fabric at the Goodwill and got busy.  The curtains in the dining room were from the book.  They are just simple squares.  The curtain in the kitchen I wanted to match but be a different design so I just made it up as I didn't have a lot of fabric left over.  The fabric is a white with a thin black stripe, and the backing fabric was a black with a cream print in it.  Here are some pictures of the finished product:
Dining Room Double Windows
Door to Deck
Kitchen Window




1 comment:

M. Schreck said...

Amazing! I love my amazing, creative Wife!!!