Friday, June 17, 2011

The Evolution of a Footstool

The project I just completed involved supplies from two of my favorite places.  The footstool was courtesy of Craigslist; a $15.00 splurge.  The cover for it was a Goodwill purchase. I can't remember the price but it had to have been under $5.00.  It was an evolution because I started out making a slipcover with a skirt.  When I finished, I really didn't care for the skirt part, so I proceeded to rip off the skirt.  I really liked it better with just the top covered and being able to see the wood work.  Sooo, while the project was much more complicated then it needed to be, I liked it better
with just the cushion covered.  As I always say, "less is more".  I should have followed my own rule to begin with!                                
Purchased footstool from Craigslist
Footstool with cushion cover

                                                      
                                                                    Footstool with skirt


2 comments:

M. Schreck said...

I like the legs !

M. Schreck said...

I like to see the legs!