Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mucking

I have left the state of Georgia for a brief time in order to enjoy some fun in the sun at the beach in Hilton Head Island, SC.  I have been blessed with the opportunity for a free place to stay and spent the weekend with Emily at my favorite beach in Hilton Head.  It is Mitchellville Beach and probably not known to many people.  I have never used the word "crowded" to describe this beach.  It is not your typical tourist beach.  It is more natural and wild and when the tide is out you have opportunity to walk way out into the ocean.  It is one of my most favorite places to spend time and I have found many interesting things there.  Yesterday, while walking close to the rocks and grass, it appeared as if the whole earth was moving.  What  was moving was a massive amount of crabs moving away from us as we got closer.  It was an amazing sight and sound.  While going out into the ocean when they tide goes out, we do tend to get a little dirty.  Thus the term, "mucking".  You can get your feet stuck in something that appears to be a mixture of mud and sand.  While it is not the most pleasant sensation, it does wash off and I always look at it like a free mud treatment for my feet!  I always feel at peace and rested at the beach.  I love to look at the ocean, feel the warm sand, take a nap, or just read a good book while catching a few rays.  Here are a few pics from our trip yesterday.  Thanks Em, for the fun time!
Muck!
TaDa!

Crab Hideout
Em and I

1 comment:

Em said...

the feet pic!! oh my goodness!