Sunday, June 12, 2011

Table Talk

I have two alcoves in my guest bedroom.  I had a round table that Grandpa Schreck had made that had a grey cover with it.  I love the round table.  It's a great size but the cover didn't match the "red room".  So, went to Goodwill and bought a white queen sheet for 2 or 3 dollars.  I used the original cover to make the new white one.  Also purchased a lovely bright red table cover that Em picked out at the Goodwill to go over top of it.  That only needed a hem on two sides of it.  It fit perfectly in the alcove.  I have also purchased two chairs that I want to put in the alcove with the table, but they will have to be recovered.  I haven't found fabric for them yet, so that will be a later project.  Here's the finished product:


The lamp came from Grandma Schreck, the picture frame, white plant bowl, and the books all came from Goodwill.  


No comments: