Sunday, January 31, 2010

Recipe

I would like to do something different with my blog this year as it is the beginning of a new decade. I will continue to update my life but I would like to post some useful things here as well. Recipes, tips, photos, things I love, etc. I always enjoy perusing other peoples blogs and finding new recipes to try, a new website to visit, or tips that are useful. So, here goes my first bit of info for you. It is a recipe I am going to try this week. Jae had his 16th birthday over the Christmas break, so since we were all away during that time, we will have to make him a cake this week. I asked him what his favorite cake was and he said it was strawberry. When I asked him if he had a recipe for it he said, "search for it on the internet!" So, that's what I did. I discovered , "Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake" by Paula Deen. Here is the link to it: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/simply-delicious-strawberry-cake-recipe/index.html I will be making it on Tuesday to serve after our homemade dinner of Shake-n-Bake Chicken, green beans, and Reagan's mac-n-cheese. We haven't tried the mac-n-cheese recipe yet, either. It should prove to be an interesting dinner. Hopefully, I will be able to give you a picture and report of whether the cake and mac-n-cheese are any good!

1 comment:

Em said...

can you make all of that for me too? ;) i love your new blog!