Friday, February 4, 2011

Rain, rain go away!

Well, I think this is day 3 of the rain.  My yard is drenched; it is starting to have puddles in it.  It is dark and dreary and on days like today I find it difficult to get anything accomplished.  I have been meaning to make a zippered pouch as a makeup bag for my purse, but so far this week has flown by and it's already Friday!  Yesterday was my Computer classes for k5-5th grade.  I think I need some practice/suggestions for classroom management.  I love the precious cherubs, but some days are definitely an exercise in patience for me!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Tomorrow I have to give a seminar on "Galileo" for the teachers.  While this is an amazing research resource, standing up in front of people and lecturing is not one of my strong suits.  I am very nervous and will just be glad when it is all over with.  That is what I have spent all this week working on with the help of Mike.  I may have him fill in for me if my knees start ashakin' and my voice starts aquakin'!  Monday night we will be hosting 6 guests from Bob Jones University.  They will be singing in chapel on Tuesday.  We will need to provide breakfast and I am hoping that Mike will make his wonderful breakfast burritos that were such a big hit with the IJGA boys last year.  They are great if you need to make alot of breakfast food at once.  Sooo, hopefully, after Monday I will be able to get back into the sewing/crafting mode and have some new projects to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh was telling me about you teaching a seminar! That is so amazing - I can't believe how brave you are!
Also, I love the makeup pouch idea. I really need something like that. Actually, i need a regular makeup bag, in general. I have some great remnants from the fabric store right now, and lots of yarn.... hoping for some crafting days soon! I think i need to run by the leather scrap store, too... :D
wish I could craft with you! but the blog is great :)

Anonymous said...

Josh was telling me about you teaching a seminar! That is so amazing - I can't believe how brave you are!
Also, I love the makeup pouch idea. I really need something like that. Actually, i need a regular makeup bag, in general. I have some great remnants from the fabric store right now, and lots of yarn.... hoping for some crafting days soon! I think i need to run by the leather scrap store, too... :D
wish I could craft with you! but the blog is great :)

M. Schreck said...

you were, as always, amazing!