Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tea Bag Wallet

I love hot tea.  There's nothing that warms you better then a mug of hot tea.  My favorite is green tea.  It is a mild tea but is so good for you!  I also like any kind of herbal tea, and they have such great names like "Lemon Zinger", or "Wild Berry".  A while ago I came across a pattern to make a tea bag wallet.  While the same blog no longer exists, I found the directions on the new blog, http://blog.christyscreations.com/tea-wallet-tutorial/.  The directions are easy to follow, and the wallets  turn out great even if you are new at sewing.  Thanks, Christy for a great project.  I made the tea wallets and gave them as gifts, but I didn't get one.  I really need one because I am always carrying tea bags around in my purse in plastic baggies.  So, with my Goodwill fabric, I whipped up two yesterday.  One for me to keep and one for me to give away.  They are also great to carry sugar packets if you use Truvia or Splenda and they can be modified to fit a hot chocolate packet or whatever else you can come up with.


1 comment:

Allison said...

i love it! that is such a good idea! and really cute. and nice because then you're not wasting lots of plastic bags. so fun!