Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Serendipity Bag

Today I worked on a bag using some of my Goodwill fabric.  I found it at The Sewing Republic website, http://www.sewingrepublic.com/projectIdeas.html#/serendipitybag/.  The designer is Kathryn Goodman and her blog is here:  http://handmadekate.typepad.com/handmade_kate/.   Kathryn's directions were easy to follow; she did a great job!  When I first saw the pattern, I was a bit discouraged because I didn't have any canvas or flannel.  When I went to the basement to let Isabear out the back door, the artist canvas I had leftover from an art class was staring me in the face!  I decided I would try that and see what would happen.  Well, the bag is quite sturdy but was a bit difficult to maneuver when I had to turn the fabric.  I think it turned out ok, though.  I didn't realize the bag would be so big.  I was kind of hoping for a purse size, but it holds my folders, books, and my computer!  The fabric makes it look like a jean bag but it has a light blue pattern running through it.  The inside was a coordinating yellow with navy blue flowers and a pocket.  It took me most of the afternoon to do it.  I will be using it for school tomorrow.  On to the next project!

1 comment:

Em said...

i love it! the size and everything, where can i get one? :)