Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mr. Andrews

Yesterday, a friend and coworker passed away.  He was diagnosed with cancer in the fall of last year, and cancer took over his earthly body.  He is now home with the Lord.  Mr. Andrews was a band director for the school my children went to and where Mike and I worked.  He loved the students he taught and mentored many of them.  Josh had a great friendship with him.  He was a kind, quiet, gentle man who also enjoyed farming.  However, I will always remember Darryl for being there for my kids when I couldn't be.  Mike and I went to the beach for a trip and Darryl kindly watched the kids for us.  Josh had not been driving very long and was in a car accident that very time we were gone.  Emily was hurt and needed stitches.  The whole experience while very difficult was touched by the Lord in many ways.  Emily was a wonderful testimony in the hospital to all the drs. and nurses who helped her.  While she did need stitches, it could have been so much worse as the cut glass missed her eye by just a fraction of an inch.  Darryl was there to help Josh who was naturally very upset about the whole ordeal.  As Mike and I frantically drove home from the beach praying, Darryl was there to watch over my kids.  I will never forget not only his willingness to take care of my kids, but his being there for me for two of the most precious people in my life when I couldn't be.  The wonderful thing is, there are many stories of what a blessing Mr. Andrews was to many, many people.  My heart hurts to know that he has gone so quickly and seemed to have so many wonderful years ahead of him, but I am not God and I know God has a perfect plan for us and this was part of his plan for Darryl.  He is rejoicing today!  Praise God for the hope we have in Jesus Christ.

No comments: