Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pelican Point

Pelican Pow Wow
Up close and personal
On the first day at Mitchelville Beach, Em and I saw all the Pelicans gathered together at the end of a sandbar way out in the ocean.  We tried to make our way out there, but we were a bit concerned that with so many of them, they might attack us.  So we made it halfway and turned back.  Fortified with my big, strong husband, the fear dissipated and we trekked our way out to the point.  As soon as we got to close, they all flew to the other sandbar.  I guess they were more afraid of us then we were of them.  Anyway,  I was fascinated by them and took way to many pelican pictures, but here are a few I wanted to share.  It was another glorious day at the beach!

1 comment:

M. Schreck said...

I loved taking a 2 hour walk/mucking with my beautiful wife to pelican point!